Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Love-Hate Relationship

I love going to the movies but I have recently hated what I have seen.

1. No Country For Old Men. Maybe I am lame but I just don't get it. It was violent with a super creepy villain and no resolution. No resolution kills the overactive sense of justice in me.

2. Jumper. I didn't care about any of the characters. I want so badly to care about Hayden Christianson but I just can't get behind his acting. Terrible, like cardboard.

3. 27 Dresses. What is romantic about a formula? Plus, the commercial for the movie gave away the lightly revengeful ending. Totally unsatisfying. Girl is in love with someone pursuing her under a false identity. The truth comes out accidentally. "I'll never forgive you!" "Nevermind, I can't live without you." Some embarassing, and very public "I am in love with you." Neat, tidy happy ending with no real consequences for petty and terrible behavior. Whatever, I am over it.

4. P.S. I love you. I just came home bawling and hugged my husband. I could never do that film again. Love the soundtrack though. Listen to it on repeat!

3 comments:

Peas on Earth said...

Wow! I can't wait to read about recent movies you actually liked! haha!!! My next post is based on a movie. What a coincidence! ;-) Now, to finish it .....

Peas on Earth said...

OK ... not the post I posted today, but the next one hopefully - it's just taking me longer than usual to get it right! Oh, the horrors of perfectionism! :-)

Jenny said...

When someone asked about 27 Dresses, all I could say was that it was "cute." You're right because it didn't have any depth whatsoever and was all based on a lie. Plus all it did was shed light on her insecurities about being single and how she solved that by helping her getting-married friends out.
Oh and PS I Love You made me BAWL like a baby. It reminded me that we can lose anyone at anytime and we should tell them "I love you" as much as we can.
I LOVE YOU!